Can you even believe it’s been 6 months since I’ve started this blog?!? Where did the time go? I feel like its been a long time but at the same time I still remember the feeling when I decided to push the button on my first blog post like it was yesterday. I had my website name and instagram handle ready for a year before that waiting to be turned live. I finally did take the step in February and since then I have met so many wonderful people and have made such great connections.
With that said, on Monday I went to an HGTV block party where I got to meet vendors, bloggers and learn about how Influencers grow and build their brand. I thought it would be a good idea to share what I learned at the event for those who want to start something but have been hesitant, hopefully to inspire you to take the step you may have been thinking about.
I was able to sit through a panel with three ladies who shared their blogging wisdom that I will take into account during my journey for my brand. Below, I’m sharing my top takeaways:
- PICTURES(All three felt very strongly about this) They said make sure your instagram feed is eye catching as followers will look at the first 6 to 9 post and decide if they want to follow or stick with you through your journey.
- Just start..if you are thinking of starting a blog or a business. JUST DO IT.
- Find your niche, whether thats fitness, fashion, home and make that your main focus, however do share other aspects of your life to connect with your following.
- Be consistent with your followers. Whether that’s Fitness Tuesdays, Travel Thursdays or Fashion Fridays. Know that your followers will keep an eye out on the days you post.
- You do NOT have to post everyday. But like the previous takeaway, if you’re going to post on certain days. Be consistent on those days.
- Be patient- it takes time to grow your brand. Doesn’t happen overnight. Don’t try and rush too fast. Slow and steady will take you a long way.
- Stay in your lane.. That’s literally what Nina(@ninawilliamsblog) said. That really stuck with me. What she meant by that was, don’t compare yourself to other accounts of how big of a following they have. If you are passionate about it, focus on what you want to accomplish and not what others are doing around you.
- Lastly, and most important one.. is to be honest and authentic. If you aren’t sharing real moments and things you are truly passionate about, the longevity of your brand may be at risk.
I want to end with saying that I truly believe there is enough room at the top for those who want to push past all the noise, and focus on your passions. Hope you enjoyed the quick read today! Below are some pictures from the event. 🙂
Until next time..