Hope this post finds all of you in good health and happiness. It’s funny how most all of our perspectives have changed since our worlds have changed upside down a while back. Sending you all lots of virtual hugs and positive vibes! A while back I took a poll on my Instagram and what you all wanted to see next and many of you wanted to see “Amaya’s closet organization” post first so here it is!
We did get our closets custom done by California Closets. I loved the entire process from start to finish. If you would like any details of our process, message me and we can discuss further or I can do another blog post on it. But having custom closets does help with organization but don’t feel like you need it in order to ensure your closets are perfect done.
Lets get started!
Prior to organization, the items you’ll need:
- Drawer organizers (if you don’t have drawers in your closet, I’ve linked you drawer system you can use in its place below)
- Kids hangers
Tips to get organized:
- REMOVE everything out – you will be surprised how many pieces of clothing no longer fits them.
- Section clothing by category: Shirts, Dresses, Cultural clothing etc.
- Put current seasonal clothing in the eyes view and other items in a different section.
- Put small items such as toddler bags, swimsuits, etc in small baskets.
- Decorate if possible so your kids feel like they are a part of it and if you have empty shelf like I do, you can get decorative pieces like I did to organize!
*Donate any unused or slightly used clothes or pass it on to friends and family who are having kids!
All items you need to get organizing are linked for you below:
Baskets & Organizers:
Below are some pictures of Amaya’s Closet:
I hope you enjoyed these quick easy tips and make sure to tag me if you decide to organize your kid’s closets and check out my Instagram stories today for some before footage @rushmehome on Instagram.
As always, sending you all love.